Litchfield students are served by All-Star Transportation’s terminal in Litchfield. In addition to Litchfield Public Schools, the terminal also provides transportation for Region 6 . Litchfield is one of 18 school transportation locations that All-Star Transportation operates in Connecticut. It was established in 2007 and transports about 500 Litchfield children daily during the school year.
Safety is central to All-Star’s mission. Our drivers are licensed and rigorously trained. Our buses meet the highest maintenance standards, and each bus undergoes a safety inspection by the driver before every trip that it makes. For example, the brakes, lights, emergency exits and more are among the features checked on every bus before students are picked up in the morning, and many of the same items are checked again before students are picked up from school.
To further ensure the safety of students, rules and regulations have been put in place. Our drivers learn these rules during training and they enforce them. Parents and students also have a critical role, and it’s important that they also read the rules and regulations to learn what’s expected of them. Parents and students should review this information in preparation for the first day of school and refer to it throughout the school year.
Address: 607 Bantam Road, Litchfield, CT 06759
Phone: (860) 567-4237
Fax: (860) 567-9832
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Manager: Frank Simone
Safety Supervisor: Tammy Gunning
The school bus routes for the Litchfield Schools are listed under the school that your student will be attending. You can find bus routes here.
Residents are asked to share issues or concerns with their child’s bus stop location by calling Litchfield Public Schools Business Office at 860-567-7503. The Business Office makes all changes.
Parents should check the district website for information about early dismissal days (for example: conferences and early release days). You can find a complete list of school bell schedules listed below.
For kindergarten students who will be riding their first bus, there’s an orientation video available.
NOTE: Bus schedules are subject to revisions that result from enrollment changes, transfers and address changes. Changes and/or additions will be posted to the school district’s website and residents are encouraged to frequently check the Litchfield Public Schools website.
The time for each bus route is the approximate time the bus will make its first pickup in the morning. Adjustments will be made as necessary and as soon as possible. Students should be at their stops 5-10 minutes before the time listed on the bus route. The stop times can vary 5-10 minutes either way, depending on traffic, weather and the number of students riding the bus.
Please do not worry if a bus is late, especially at the start of a school year when it typically takes a few days for kindergarten children and new students to become accustomed to the bus routes and schedules. If, however, you have concerns about your bus being consistently late over a period of several days, please contact the Litchfield office at 860-567-4237.
It is important that students remember to stand at least 10 feet from the road and not move toward the bus until the bus driver nods his or her head signaling that it is safe to board the bus.
Listed below are the regular school hours and bell times.
School Bell Times:
Litchfield High School – 7:23 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Arrival – 7:05 a.m.)
Litchfield Center School – 8:40 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (Arrival – 8:35a.m.)
Litchfield Intermediate School – 8:40 a.m.-3:15 p.m. (Arrival – 8:20 a.m.)
Litchfield Middle School – 7:23 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Arrival – 7:05 a.m.)
Listed below are the school hours for early dismissal and delayed openings.
Litchfield High School – 9:23 a.m.
Litchfield Center School – 10:40 a.m.
Litchfield Intermediate School – 10:40 a.m.
Litchfield Middle School – 9:23 a.m.
Litchfield High School – 12:00 p.m.
Litchfield Center School – 1:15 p.m.
Litchfield Intermediate School – 1:15 p.m.
Litchfield Middle School – 12:00 p.m.
Students attending Oliver Wolcott are transported by a bus to the school. They are picked up and dropped off at designated stops. Bus routes are posted prior to the start of each school year.
In the event Litchfield public schools close due to inclement weather, no bus transportation will be available for Oliver Wolcott Technical High School students. Should Litchfield Schools have a delayed opening, bus service will be delayed 2 hours, even if OWTS opens on a regular schedule.
Any individual seeking a change to a student’s pick-up and / or drop-off procedure must contact the Litchfield Public Schools Business Office. All changes are approved and processed by the Business Office.
Students in kindergarten must be met at the bus stop by a parent, known adult or older sibling. If no parent, known adult or older sibling is at the bus stop, children will be transported back to their home schools. Here are some safety tips for parents to keep in mind.
In the event a permanent change to a pick-up and drop-off schedule is needed during the school year, parents/caregivers need to contact their student’s school at least two weeks in advance of any change.
The school bus is an extension of the classroom and students are expected to maintain behavior acceptable in a classroom setting. With that in mind, here are some important rules:
1. Students should be at their bus stop 10 minutes prior to their scheduled pickup time.
2. Students should stand back 10 to 15 feet from the road whenever possible.
3. Students should wait for the school bus to come to a complete stop and for the driver to nod his/her head before approaching the bus.
4. Children should never run after the bus as it pulls away as the driver may not see them.
5. If students need to cross in front of the bus, they should wait until the bus driver nods his/her head to signal it is safe to cross the street.
6. Students should cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus; if you can’t see the driver then the driver can’t see you.
7. If a student drops something in front of the bus, the student should leave the item where it fell until getting the driver’s attention and permission to retrieve the item.
8. No student should ever run towards / from the rear, alongside of a bus. A driver may not see a student in some danger zone blind spots.
9. Shout out to get the driver’s attention if you need them to remain stopped for any reason.
10. Be courteous, no profane language.
11. Do not eat or drink on the bus.
12. Keep the bus clean – put all litter in trash cans available on all buses.
13. Cooperate with the driver.
14. No smoking, including electronic cigarettes / vaping.
15. Do not destroy bus equipment / fixtures.
16. Remain seated until the bus is fully stopped.
17. Keep hands, heads and feet inside the bus.
18. The bus driver has the authority to assign seats.
19. Know the school bus danger zones.
If you have any questions, please contact All-Star Transportation’s Litchfield office at 860-567-4237.