– Background checks – CT DCF, National Sex Offender, criminal and previous employers.
– Periodic drug testing – pre-employment, random and other DOT required tests.
– Maintaining a clean driving record.
– Medical reviews – DOT pre-employment physical and others as needed to renew license.
– Special school bus driver training and certification – pre-service training, monthly and annual safety meetings, and other training as required by All-Star management or law.
If you don’t have the required license and endorsements, our trainers will assist you in completing the steps needed to become a licensed school bus driver. We provide paid training and our classes are offered on a regular basis in several locations. So, apply now.
– Must have Connecticut driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
– Must have held a driver’s license from any state for at least three years.
– If not licensed for five years or more in Connecticut, criminal and motor vehicle histories are required.
– Must have an excellent driving record. No suspension or revocation within the past 10 years.
– Must be certified by CT DMV that you have no more than four points against your driver’s license.
– Must possess good moral character.
– Must pass a criminal record check. No felony or convictions as legislated by the State of Connecticut.
– Must pass a DOT physical and meet physical requirements.
– Must meet federal identity requirements prior to training.
– Must complete pre-service training.
– Minimum 20 hours classroom work.
– Minimum 40 hours behind the wheel.
– Must have a flexible schedule as class days and hours may change.
– Must be prepared for all weather conditions. Proper footwear and attire needed.
– All training hours are paid, including classroom and behind-the wheel sessions.
– Additional costs for licensing are paid by the applicant. These are minimal and will be explained in pre-employment interview.
Connecticut CDL Requirements
Driving Record Requirements
Connecticut CDL Endorsements